Monday 6 January 2014

~Recycle & Reuse Part 2~



I never knew that being a stay-at-home mom is even much more busier than going out to work. Coz when you're at home, nothing seems complete. 
I have started with a few fine motor skills activities for my Three. He was getting restless during my home tutoring programme therefore over the weekends i was able to dig up more used toys and items to be used for my Three home preschooling. I hoped that these activities will benefit my Three and keep him busy so that he forgets about me when i have so much to accomplish. All these ideas ideas came from my reading on a website which i will place a link later on.
Activity One - 'Through the hole'

Recycle items : 
Kitchen Towel Roll
An empty box
Small balls/small toycars/marbles etc



Anything can be thrown into that hole. As long as it fits the used kitchen roll, there should'nt be a problem. At first i only gave him small balls and the toy fishes but later on he was more interested to thrown in his toy cars. Not wanting to distract n take away his focus, i let him be. He was playing for about 15-20 minutes and that was kind of an achievement on our part :)


Activity two - 'Slide me in'





All you need is a used tissue box and cut out in small onlong sizes. From the website that i read, they used pipecleaners and a colander. But since i dont have a similar colander therefore i used whatever that i have in my kitchen. The objective of this activity is to develop better fine motor skills. My Three was frustrated in the  beginning that he couldn't slid in any of the small pieces through the colander but as he tried harder, he started to enjoy the fun and
 thrills of the activity.

My Three enjoyed these activities but not as much as his big brother
had enjoyed it. My Six was asking for more and i am workimg on more activities of his age. You can do the same activities too!!!
Just click on to this link and you will find out more fun and creative activities by amazing mothers.
http://www.themeasuredmom.com

Stay tuned for more of my activities with my heroes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment